Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Time Has Come

The time is now.




Alright, it's been over a year. One year, two jobs, and two Portland houses later . . . and how many other countless life events, recipes, and big ideas in between? HOW DO YOU MEASURE A YEAR IN THE LIFE?! (Ha! When will my life turn into the musical production of my dreams? This is where I cue my friends to jump out of the closet and sing as a choir . . .)

Anyway, however you choose to measure your years (and may I suggest - how about love?), it's too much to tackle in one "post." And how much of the next year would I miss trying? So, instead (and in the interest of time), here are a few big events/fun moments from the last couple months.

A trip to Israel!








A trip to Minneapolis!









A trip to New Seasons! (on Halloween)




(can you find me?)

Phew! What a ride! And now, here we are, back at home. I invite you to dive in with me at the present moment at Friend Island, my cozy ["new"] home in Portland, and to look not towards the past, but towards the future. A chilly, rainy, very gray immediate future here in the Pacific NW. And yet - don't give up hope! - also a future filled with opportunities for art, baked goods, and of course, friends. And so, in the name of creation, coziness, and community (even in the face of constant cloudiness), I give you . . . the Winter Checklist!


And, finally, a preview of some projects already in progress (namely, watercolors!):




Now, off to the kitchen (by way of the store) for my most imminent winter project not listed above . . . scones! Pictures soon - and by "soon" I mean "certainly, in less than a year." I promise.

- Meredith

No comments: